Focusing on the needs of youth within our community is our first priority. Our partners make it possible to extend our resources to achieve our mission and spread awareness about our cause. Here are a few resources we recommend:
Our mission is to positively impact the needs of our community by strengthening relationships, programs, and services that produce measurable results and improve the quality of life and to be recognized as the leading health and human services support agency in the Pee Dee through resource development and community impact initiatives.
For more information, call (843) 662-2407.
Lighthouse Ministries offers assistance to residents of Florence County by providing essential supplies and services. This includes parenting workshops, financial literacy classes, diapers, bill help, and aid with prescription medications. Info: 843-629-0830
HopeHealth provides integrated health services for more than 50,000 patients in areas surrounding Aiken, Clarendon, Florence, Orangeburg, and Williamsburg counties. Founded in 1991 as a grassroots HIV/AIDS support organization, it was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center in 2007 to expand its services to include primary and pediatric care. HopeHealth now has over 100 providers covering a wide range of services.
A Christ-centered community providing hope by serving the needs of men, women and children facing homelessness since 1990, House of Hope provides a variety of services to those who are housing insecure. They provide emergency, short-term housing and food to men, women, and children, along with transitional, long-term help. For more information, call 843-667-9000. For emergency shelter needs, call 843-731-9315.
SC Workforce Scholarships for the Future
Tuition, fees and course-related expenses at the state’s 16 technical colleges will be covered for South Carolina residents enrolled in a high-demand field such as healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality/tourism, construction, transportation, distribution and logistics, criminal justice, early care and education, information technology and human services.
WHO: All South Carolina citizens (adults and recent high school graduates) enrolled in a qualified program.
WHAT: Funds will cover tuition, fees and course-related expenses at any one of South Carolina’s 16 technical colleges until funds are exhausted. The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition, fees and course-related expenses after applying all other scholarships or grants. Recipients can receive up to $5,000 annually.
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY: Credit-seeking students must maintain a 2.0 GPA each academic year. All participating students must complete one of the following requirements: 1) be employed, 2) take a financial literacy course offered at the technical college or 3) complete 100 hours of voluntary timecontributing to a nonprofit or public service organization.
MORE INFO: Click here.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Pee Dee Area partners with area organizations, civic clubs, and governments to best serve the needs of the community. Below are links to some of those partners and other resources available.
- SC211 - Confidential toll-free number - https://sc211.org/
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America - www.bgca.org/
- United Way of Florence County - www.uwflorence.org/
- Florence School District One - www.f1s.org/
- Florence School District Two - www.fsd2.org/
- Florence School District Three - www.florence3.k12.sc.us/
- Florence County Adult Education - www.f1s.org/florenceadulted
- Florence County Library System - florencelibrary.org/
- Darlington County Library System - darlington-lib.org/
- Darlington County School District - www.dcsdschools.org/
- Hartsville Kiwanis Club - https://www.facebook.com/HartsvilleKiwanisClub/
- Volunteer Corps of Florence County - www.facebook.com/VolunteerCorpsOfFlorenceCounty
- Williamsburg County School District - https://www.wcsd.k12.sc.us/
- S.C. Department of Social Services (DSS) - https://dss.sc.gov/
- S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) - https://scdhec.gov/
- S.C. Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) - https://djj.sc.gov/
- S.C. Department of Mental Health - https://scdmh.net/
- U.S. Department of Justice - https://ojjdp.ojp.gov/programs/mentoring
- City of Florence - https://www.cityofflorence.com/florence-mayors-youth-initiative/about
- City of Florence Mayor's Youth Initiative - https://www.cityofflorence.com/florence-mayors-youth-initiative
- City of Lake City - https://www.lakecitysc.gov/
- City of Hartsville - https://www.hartsvillesc.gov/
- County of Darlington - https://www.darcosc.com/
- County of Florence - http://florenceco.org/
- County of Wiliamsburg - https://www.williamsburgcounty.sc.gov/
- Town of Hemingway - https://www.townofhemingway.org/
- Town of Pamplico - https://townofpamplico.com/
- Five Sparrows Recovery Residence for Women - http://www.tenaciousgrace.cc/fivesparrows/
- Darlington County Community Action Agency - https://www.darlingtoncountycaa.com/
- Greater Florence Habitat for Humanity - www.florencehabitat.com
- Harvest Hope - www.harvesthope.org
- Man 2 Man Fatherhood Program - www.man2manfathers.com
- Mercy Medicine Free Clinic - www.mercymedicine.org
- Pee Dee Community Action Partnership - https://peedeecap.org/
- SNAP Employment & Training Program - https://dss.sc.gov/assistance-programs/work-programs/snap-employment-and-training/
- South Carolina Student Loan - 800-347-2752 or scstudentloan.org
- Welvista Medication Assistance Program - www.welvista.org
Is your organization or group missing? Please email email@example.com with contact information, so we can correct this.